eros the bittersweet

mumai...i found this in my inbox :)

this is for you mumai - thank you for your unwavering faith in our friendship. thank you for 9 great years (and counting!)


From: Mai Lyte Lopez [mailto:mailyte.lopez@pioneer.com.ph]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:27 PM
To: Teresa.Salvador
Subject: Re: reasons

Dear Pot,

Whatever you revealed the other night would be kept unless you wanted so otherwise. And no, you did not spoil the night because of what you did. Somehow, moments like those are the ones that make a difference in our friendship. What we shared made us closer than we were when we got to your place and made that night more special than it already is. I was deeply affected about what you had to go through but now I also know that there is a much deeper reason behind you being a strong and determined person.

Remember that I'll always be here for you. There may be times when you feel I'm nonexistent. There may be times when you feel that I don't care. There may even be times that it would seem I'm too busy with my life that I can't accommodate you. When you feel this, bear in mind that for you guys, I'll never be busy and I'll never be indifferent.

Last night, although I haven't really slept for more than 36 hours, the conversations we had kept popping in my mind. I just felt that what each of us went through had made us more at peace with ourselves knowing that the next obstacle that we have to face will not be of much different from the last one and will not be much harder. There's nothing in this world that can break us. After all, like you said, we've been through hell and back. It's just that we have different hells thus having various tolerance for pain (now, it's much clearer to me why you had such tolerance for anything painful). And for as long as we're together as friends (more than that actually), we all know tomorrow's not so unknown anymore. Let's just create our own heaven in this hell. ;-)

Love you always,
Mumai
----- Original Message -----
From:
Teresa.Salvador
To:
Mai Lyte Lopez
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:17 AM
Subject: reasons

Dear Mumai,

There are a lot of reasons why I am writing this. Thank you for being there last February 14, not only to celebrate the ‘singles awareness day,’ but also to hear out whatever mess and confusion that I shared with you. And like what I said, there never would be a perfect time to unveil my history…and I apologize if I actually spoiled our ‘drinking spree.’ But I am relieved now, more than ever, because one of the few people whom I really trust (with my life) is aware of it, and I know that there is nothing that we cannot accept about one another. I appreciate you listening to me and without you saying it; I am assured you’d graciously keep my story in your heart. I am no longer terrorized by that person, but that past is of course, the reason why I am who I am today. I am old enough to protect myself, and I know now, that a lot of you will be protecting me too. And I thank you for that. So now you will realize and believe that I have my own reasons, I have deeper reasons that I know not too many people will understand, or will even ‘attempt’ to look beyond. Yes, I have been through hell and back, and I emerged bruised, scathed…beaten, but never broken. But at the end of it all, we all are capable of creating a hell out of our heaven, or a heaven out of our hell. I hope in time I’ll master that.
Anyways, thank you for being there always. Love much.

Imani


0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.