eros the bittersweet

itching

yes, i am itching to get another tattoo. i have a couple of poems (i am talking about 5-liners, not sonnets, guys - so do not faint) in mind. my friend reich (who will celebrate her birthday on wednesday) mentioned that there is a website (www.flipscript.com) that generates ambigrams.

i went to the website and had an ambigram of the phrase 'ANIMA CHRISTI' made. it is a catholic prayer, the text is in latin, but it actually means 'SOUL OF CHRIST' in english.

here is the entire prayer:

ANIMA CHRISTI

ANIMA Christi, sanctifica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inebria me.
Aqua lateris Christi, lava me.
Passio Christi, conforta me.
O bone Iesu, exaudi me.
Intra tua vulnera absconde me.
Ne permittas me separari a te.
Ab hoste maligno defende me.
In hora mortis meae voca me.
Et iube me venire ad te,
Ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te
in saecula saeculorum.

Amen.


SOUL OF CHRIST

SOUL of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds, hide me.
Separated from Thee let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
To come to Thee, bid me,
That I may praise Thee in the company
Of Thy Saints, for all eternity.

Amen.

here's the ambigram:



2 comments:

quixotic said...

nice! but for a while there i thought you want the full wording of the animo christi tattooed on you...hehehehe....:-p

imani said...

nyahaha. that'd be a whole lot of pain sweetie :)

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.