eros the bittersweet

my journey home

I am exhausted of the long journey home, but I will endure anything for you, beloved. I will patiently walk upon rubbles and stones, defeating time, and never letting it defeat me. I sometimes wonder – how long can I sustain this? How long can I last?
Each and every time I am trapped in that reminiscence, I remember your face, and I know that my capacity to withstand what we are bound to go through is not even a question.
I know that it is your love that has kept me, that has held me all these months. It is your light that lifts my soul from darkness, it is your laughter that cures me of my worries. My nights are not barren because I have you to dream about. My days mean so much now because I look forward to seeing your face and touching your skin again.
There are so many things in this life that I know I was able to overcome because you are there to fortify my belief – that something brighter, that something bigger awaits me. That all the sacrifices and all the things I have given and you have offered will fulfill its reason.
My journey home means walking on rubbles and stones, it means scarring my feet, it also means getting closer to my reason, to my happiness, to my life.
My journey home means finding the good in things. It means letting go of my imperfection and accepting that there are things that I cannot change. It means following the path of the one who means the world to me.

written may 21, 2008

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.