eros the bittersweet

in the darkness


even as i write this in the darkness i know exactly what to talk about. i remember vividly how the trace of your smile lingers even when i am not able to see it ~ when you steal seconds looking at me seeking the other way, when your hands discern the feel of my skin when we make love, when your body is close to mine as we head to bed.

even in the darkness my heart knows the tangents and spaces of your eyes and your lips, and have memorized your stares like i was born with it, basking in it. my soul has been blessed with the delight of your kisses ~ like the ones you give me when i am soundly asleep.

i tell myself sometimes, that i cannot wait for a lifetime with you, but time and time again have found my resolve to simply be content with each day i am with you, with each day you give me, because after all ~ that is still a sweet, perennial thought to allow me to start every day with ceaseless desire to crave and yearn for you, to be loved and needed by you. i love you, as ever.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.