eros the bittersweet

what i have been up to

i have really been preoccupied the last few days, and though i want to write more, sleeplessness gets in the way. plus, i have a lunch/dinner date with my lifetime via skype daily - so that should keep my hands full for a few more months.

speaking of being busy - even the insects in our house are busy. i think it was a couple of weeks ago when i again fell victim to the bite of a bloodsucker. i actually am beginning to think i have served an entire clan a feast since i started getting bitten when we first moved in here. i immediately reached for my i.d. and took myself to manila sanitarium where they gave me my happy shot which rendered me lifeless and useless within minutes. when i woke up, i took a picture of my arm with the proof:


last month, i started to really like the walking dead and made an effort to stream at least one episode everyday until i finished the 2nd season - where they came back with 7 episodes before taking a 3-month mid-season hiatus. they will be back come february 12, 2012 with the rest of the 13 episodes meant for this season. when i started to watch the show, it scared the living sh*t out of me but as days went on, i got used to the gargled sound or unintelligible zombie talk. thanks to the adjustable volume. i usually turn the sounds down whenever i see walkers. lol!

i also have been taking more time to write something for my wife everyday - i promised her i will send her something each day that she and i are not in one place. and the more i write, the closer she will be coming home. it used to depress me big time but i am glad i am able to see things in a different light now. here's a shout out to you, mahal!

this week, i also got myself another esprit watch and this one rocks! i think i first saw it about half a year ago, and yes, it took me 6 freakin' months to actually get it. not that i had to make any life-altering decisions - the watch really looks awesome and extraordinary - i just wanted to have enough time to save up for it since it isn't urgent and important. so here's what could possibly be my christmas gift for myself looks like:


to date, i have three watches - all of which are from esprit. the reason i like their timepieces is because they do not look ordinary. they didn't have to have all those blings or be all dazzled up to catch attention, that's for sure. i got my first watch as a birthday gift for myself back in 2006 and then another one, as a holiday present for moi a couple of years ago. here's a picture of all my watches:


my next project is another esprit timepiece i saw in avenida - with a silver, bangle-like bracelet and a black, solid face and white dial. so i suppose i'm just gonna have to save up a little more and maybe i can get that for myself by early next year.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.