eros the bittersweet

an addiction

alright.

i know i am pixie-like and all, but just like any rose, i have my thorns, and yes, much to my dismay, even i get pricked (sometimes)

i am not sure if it was my fascination of pain or just simply my curiosity about needles...or maybe i have really become what my best friend predicted i would be, about 10 years ago...a junkie.

no...what she actually said was a 'masochist'


i have, to date, 6 tattoos.

the first one on my right hip - imani (which means 'believer' in arabic, 'faith' in african, and in hebrew, it goes back to the world 'amen.' it was odd though, i had it put on me 12 june 2005, not exactly to celebrate the philippine independence, but to do something 'major' before i turn 22.

the next was a cross right beside the word faith

then the 3rd tattoo was inspired by a sinead o'connor album - 'she who dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty' - it is also the first verse of the ninety-first psalm

then on my dad's 10th death anniversary, i had the ambigram of 'faith' inked on left waistline

unfortunately, it did not end there...

what followed was a grueling 2-hour session with an artist called mel on christmas day (2007)...he etched an ambigram of 'fire & a prayer' on my back, just below psalm 91...it was one hell of a freak show, my friends came with some of their friends who, without end, distracted me...and the artist. they kept on asking if it hurts, all i could tell them was 'hello?! i am twitching!'

now...my 6th tattoo...

i had it just last 30 april 2008...with a very good friend of mine...

i would have to say...the artist had a difficult time putting it on me...

it was the word 'rohan' (which in sanskrit means 'ascending') on my right waistline...

a name i plan to give my firstborn

and one more thing...i still have all the needles :)

1 comments:

chroneicon said...

astig! i bet next year you'll have more.

musta sex and the city?

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.