eros the bittersweet

but it is me

I take the last few minutes trying hard to reconnect to the person I was…the person I once was…before you.

And it is all sad and nostalgic and it all seems that everything is beyond repair. I do not know who I am anymore.

I do not have anyone to blame, except myself, perhaps. I am responsible for what I have become. And I have become just the type of person I never dreamt of becoming. Someone who is needy, someone who seems to be helpless without the other person.

And it scares the hell out of me.

It has been a long time since I wrote something about myself. Most of the time, it was all about you. And I want to just take this tiny moment to think about myself, to ponder on what I have become – because I allowed you to change me. Because I allowed myself to fall.

And I did. And I have failed, I have failed miserably. I have failed myself because I am here. I am here needing to have you fill the void within me.

I scare myself. Sometimes it almost feels like I cannot be without you, that breathing is impossible because you are not near me. There would be times that I would feel there is nothing much to gain, learn or understand to have you beside me constantly.

I contradict myself. I defeat myself. I have become the other.

1 comments:

Greg Windsor said...

desperately seeking the soul and the reason for why we write, love your work.

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.