eros the bittersweet

malena

one of the reasons why malena remains to be my favorite movie is the fact that monica bellucci had but a few lines in the film yet she truly owns her character and her radiance is not just skin deep.
i would like to share a line (or two...or more...) taken from the film with all of you:


Renato Amoroso:

'I pedaled as fast as I could, as if I were escaping…from longing, from innocence, from her. Time has passed, and I have loved many women. And as they’ve held me close and asked if I will remember them, I’ve said ‘Yes, I will remember you.
But the only one I’ve never forgotten is the one who never asked…Malena.'

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.