eros the bittersweet

postsecret

for the last year and a half, i have been visiting...no actually, the more appropriate word would be 'following' the secrets (written in postcards) sent in by thousands of anonymous people to frank warren, which are uploaded (not all though) to a site called 'postsecret.'

going to the site has become an addiction of some sort. the site gets updated every sunday at around 2 pm local time. currently (as in right this very time), 201,405,575 visitors have already looked at the site. wow. talk about internet traffic. time for an upgrade, people. ehehe.

the truth of the matter is that reading other people's secrets kind of made me realize that we are all part of everyone else's lives, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. sometimes, i would come across a post card and think to myself: 'i have been in her (or his) shoes one time or another.' that it is my secret as much as it is theirs.

some of the secrets are disturbing, some distressing. but more often than not, they are hopeful...because letting go of a nightmare or a dream by confessing it is to liberate oneself from whatever gravity or control it has over a person.

i think the 'top (10 or 20...depends on how many i can come up with) best list' would be one of the focal points of my blog. i am planning to resort to writing about a 'best list' that will occur to me when i really am not capable of talking about anything else. i think it will be interesting.


so here it is...the top twenty best secrets i have read on postsecret this year...
  1. please find comfort in knowing that, 'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.'
  2. i'm thrilled with the person i am becoming.
  3. i feel like we are standing on the edge of something big. take a leap of faith with me.
  4. you are completely remarkable.
  5. i want to tell you that i love you but i'm afraid of the silence that might follow.
  6. the fact that you are even reading this gives me faith in humanity.
  7. we're all waiting for something.
  8. i want my last year back.
  9. i am tired of waiting for God to find me. so i'll find myself. i started looking last night.
  10. my secret was a lie.
  11. i never want you to feel lost again.
  12. your heart is an idiot!
  13. there is no time i feel more alive than when my heart is breaking.
  14. if i could fall out of love with you i would
  15. every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around!
  16. my entire life has been a lie by omission.
  17. i lie the loudest when i lie to myself.
  18. i love myself because you loved me first...happy mother's day!
  19. your beauty is more than just skin deep.
  20. what hurts more than letting you go is knowing you're not fighting to keep me.
for this week, i will post two secrets that took my breath away. here they are:



what would your secret be?

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.