eros the bittersweet

musings at 12 midnight

so i am on leave for one whole week...but in about five days time, the notion of 'having so much time in my hands' no longer would apply. and usually, if we have time in our hands, we ponder too much to the point of having an epiphany everytime we breathe in and out.

here are a few things that i wish to accomplish by next year:
  • start saving. i am 25 years old and have been working for five years but i do not have a savings account. can you freaking believe that?
  • continue collecting neil gaiman's the sandman series. i currently have 4 books, which means i 'only' need 6 more. anyone interested to get me book 5 this christmas?
  • resign from my current job. wahaha. totally kidding there.
  • look for another job - not kidding, but maybe weighing options. darn, i better make my mind up.
  • invest on clothes. i need to 'fill' the cabinet i just bought myself, which got my sister wondering if i am getting married because over the last year and a half i have been buying furniture.
  • finally get myself a copy of 'chicken pox for the soul' by jessica zafra.
  • rekindle. with people. with myself.
  • take anxiety management classes. my body still hasn't gotten used to the sudden bursts of terror and distress caused by my work.
  • get more good books for botchok.
  • continue being 'visible' to my friends - especially my high school and college friends. i miss you guys.
  • go back to swimming. i need to exercise.
  • maybe take up yoga classes - again.
  • stop being tortured by people from my past.
  • stop being maimed by the idea that she would need someone else other than me.
  • stop destroying the things that i create.
  • sing my heart out. in the bathroom. or in the silence of the night.
  • continue writing poetry. who knows, they might get published, posthumously.
  • immerse myself in the things that i am capable of.
  • celebrate life. by creating another life?!?! wahaha.
  • buy fake dvds of the complete 5 seasons of ally mcbeal.
  • wait for the 6th and final season of the l word.
  • be more thankful for the things that i actually have, and not whine because i cannot get some things.
  • bring myself closer to Him.
  • visit my dad, sister and grandparents at least once a year.
  • stop harming myself by swallowing my pain.
  • continue being a source of light.
  • start loving myself a little more.

that's a long list. i better start working on them soon.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.