eros the bittersweet

embracing the quiet

In the mean time, I have ceased reading Manix Abrera’s Kikomachine Komix…since it’s almost June, I felt like taking the time to reflect (?!) on some things in my life right now and just try to unlearn and re-learn new things. I am going back to my passion and my love - writing and reading poetry. I am actually delighted that I now have time to embrace the quiet and just be on my own.

I finally started reading the poetry anthology ‘A Passionate Patience’ which was edited by my personal favorite – Ricardo M. De Ungria. I got the book about a month and a half ago when I was in Clark and it only cost me Php35.00. I know it’s crazy but I am happy I got a really nice material for such a small amount.

What struck me – of all the 10 poems included in the collection – was one that was penned by Ophelia A. Dimalanta.

She’s just phenomenal. I can’t bring myself to talk about how great she is as a poet because as of this time I don’t think there's any more word that would suffice.

I’ll be posting all three parts of her poem ‘one final burning’ in a bit.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.