eros the bittersweet

uber random

These days I don’t get to write in paragraph form. I have taken a path I never imagined I would – telling the world (world wide web, that is ehehe) of how I have been…in freakin bullet points. But I am assured that life is going to be more pathetic than it already is. Yet, despite the sheer indication of lethargy and melancholy, I would like to share some nice things I encountered yesterday:

I took Nosh to school (she’s taking up a certificate course in Culinary Arts at ISCAHM Katipunan). We had a quick bite at McDonald’s in Gateway and one of the service crews was just so…energetic (compared to my being enervated). He somehow managed to tidy up the tables, assist customers with their orders and greet the incoming customers all at the same time. Somehow he was omnipresent. He devised a number of ways to welcome the customers to the store, with his shrilling voice:

· Ma’am/Sir, umagang kay ganda! Salamat sa pagpasok sa McDo!
· Magandang umaga, Ma’am/Sir – bibili po ba kayo!? (parang sari-sari store lang!) J
· Welcome to McDonald’s! Ihanda nyo na po ang order nyo! (Kung hindi…)
· Ma’am/Sir, welcome to McDonald’s! Basa po ang sahig!
· Dito po ang pila…papunta po ng CR yan!

He was so ‘bouncy’ I wanted to come up to him and recruit him for Outbound. Ehehe. I wish he gets awarded as an employee of the month or even of the year for his obvious ‘punch’.

I passed by Shangri-La Plaza and saw a huge poster at Fully Booked – on May 23rd, they will be giving away comic books (even if you won’t purchase anything). You can get one by just going inside the store. To all bibliophiles - Fully Booked (all branches) will offer a 20% discount on comic books and graphic novels that same day. Woohoo!

Because I often lack sleep during workdays, sometime last week I thought I was to lose my voice and be a ‘silent movie’ again. So I went to the PLDT clinic in Boni and I was advised to take ASCOF Lagundi. The taste reminds me of my childhood…it reminds me of the Filipino delicacy ‘Laing,’ only that this one didn’t have coconut milk in it. But it did taste like some weird mishmash of every possible green leafy vegetable you could ever find in the folk song ‘Bahay Kubo.’ Nyahaha.

The Chat kids are playing ‘Halo’ by Beyoncé. She coos like a bird, and there’s nothing wrong with that...I think.

1 comments:

wala said...

employees like that are truly rewarded in heaven nyahahaha!
i think the comics industry is having their celebration that's why they're having freebies and upcoming convention, well, i think. I'm not really a fan of comics...I used to habitually read FUNNY KOMIKS back when I was still a very cute little girl (I'm a gorgeous woman now, btw) but that was just it.

p.s. hoy FB na!!!

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.