eros the bittersweet

wishlist

There’s about a couple more weeks left before I turn a year older. Usually (or unusually) each and every year just before my birthday, I get all too sullen, almost always in a manic-depressive mood. I am like a pendulum swinging wildly on opposite poles. That kinda makes me sound like I have bipolar condition. But that’s not the case – or at least I need to get myself diagnosed first before I start dishing out a press release wahaha.

Here are a few things I want to ‘accomplish,’ ‘gain’ or ‘achieve’ when I turn ‘26.’

  • Get a mandala tattooed on my right shoulder blade. Then I’ll get a sari to go with it.
  • Hopefully finish writing 26 poems for myself before my birthday.
  • See Monette as often as humanely possible.
  • Convene with The Doyens at least once a month – or whenever our crazy schedules would permit it. Note to self: Reply to the Doyen Emails.
  • Get a full body massage.
  • Go to the gym. Or swim. At least once a week.
  • More bonding moments with The Femme Fetales. More movie marathons and coffee sessions. A drinking spree will be greatly entertained.
  • Pray more. Feed my faith.
  • Love more and more and more.
  • For the umpteenth time – collect the rest of Neil Gaiman’s ‘The Sandman’ series.
  • Do not stop hunting for Jessica Zafra’s ‘Chicken Pox for the Soul.’ And dream she will one day publish another book. I miss reading her stuff.
  • Buy ‘The Ophelia Dimalanta Reader, Volume 1’
  • Save money.
  • Save myself from the pandemonium – I need to proceed with caution.
  • Continue buying my mom flowers.
  • Watch all the other DVDs I haven’t watched – I recently bought ‘Dogma’ and ‘Across the Universe.’ Sweet.
  • I would like to get another shelf – for my books and my movie collection. I have a penchant for keeping/stacking things. Maybe in my past life I was a librarian, or a mouse.
  • I want a TV stand. Mumai – let’s go to Libertad to scour for cheap furniture wahaha.
  • Mohawk! Mohawk! Mohawk!
  • Get my hair colored again – possibly a lighter shade of brown.
  • Sing ‘Rainy Days on Mondays’ on my birthday – because I don’t recall celebrating my birthday without an ounce of rain.
  • Guest in The Ellen De Generes Show. In my dreams.

3 comments:

gish08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gish08 said...

pot.. we should exchange dvd.. i also collect dvds from indie, but mostly foreign among other weird stuffs. =) see you soon!

wala said...

start making some of your wishes come true NOW. Don't procrastinate, that's my disease kapatid! hahaha

kakatuwa si alanis dyan sa dogma =)

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.