eros the bittersweet

beginning

I know that my blog’s tagline says ‘a great unraveling of endings and beginnings’ and last year has been a roller coaster ride, for the most part. I am usually afraid of heights and that means I won’t dare imagine riding a roller coaster, much less be in one. The universe gave me a lot of surprises last year. For some of them, my body still has not gotten rid of the shock…but I would have to say that last year was great. Generally speaking. There are some things that I was fated to experience and again, that comes with the idea (or the truth) that there is something to learn from each experience I gain.

Before the new year unraveled, I wanted to make sure I do something to make the last day of 2009. I wrote poems – these days I am writing mostly sonnets, I have been scared sh*tless of doing that, thinking that I might not have much to offer, but I realized nothing can be achieved without any attempts.

I watched one of my favorite movies, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button when I got home last December 31st. I wanted to relish the feeling that the movie brought me the first time I saw it – which was – that some things last.

This year, I meant to start differently. I mean to work on the little things. I did not have any ‘new year’s resolution,’ well, the most appropriate term would be I chose not to make any resolutions. I chose to do away with it because I only get disappointed with myself each and every time I break something. So this year, I want to be a little more ‘spontaneous.’ Then suddenly the thought of ‘spontaneous human combustion’ popped in my head. Weird.

I don’t have wishes for myself, I do, however, wish all of you the following:
  • I hope you find comfort in the thought that we are all simple, imperfect souls, and are bound to make mistakes and realize that getting up after stumbling down is what counts more than anything.
  • I hope that you find the courage to pursue your dreams with passion. Do not wait. Do not save it for later. Go for it.
  • I hope you find the strength to refrain from planning everything in your life because you’d be missing the whole point of living – life is an adventure. It won’t hurt to be spontaneous every once in a while. Take the road less travelled.
  • I hope you find the spirit to seek forgiveness for the hurt you have caused others.
  • I hope you find the faith to trust the reason why things happen the way they do.
  • I hope you find the fortitude to understand the natural order of things. All life ends, same thing goes for relationships. But it is always up to you how you would let things end.
  • I hope you find the good in yourself despite being a flawed human being.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.