eros the bittersweet

a poignant metaphor

That’s what I would call the next couple of photographs you all would see.


Those were tickets to most (I think I threw some away, or left them on the bus or I need to check my other bags to see if there’s any left) of my trips to and from Clark.

I only have good memories of that place. And more than anything, you were the reason I did not mind the distance (of having to travel a total of 2 hours one way) or the exhaustion (sometimes coming home to you after my shift…everyday…so we can have lunch together).

We gave the phrase ‘meet halfway’ a totally different, refreshing and deeper meaning.

I am feeling nostalgic right now. I couldn’t think of anything but all the wonderful things we have between us. We both have survived a lot of things – the hurt, the pain, the distance, the opportunities we did not have the courage to take for the sake of us, the risks we have taken from the very onset so there may be a mine and yours.

The photographs depict one thing – the truth – that we have followed our bliss and will continue to follow our happiness wherever it goes.

I will never cease being grateful for having found you. I sometimes couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that I have never loved anyone as much as I have loved you – and we are only at the beginning.

I pray that you will never tire of seeking new beginnings with me. I pray that you will never tire of dreaming to see sunrises and sunsets with me. I pray that we grow stronger and more faithful everyday so we may find each other at the end of all the broken roads that kept us apart.

It wasn’t the place that had me coming back for more. It was you. It was, it is and will always be you. You are the reason why I am assured that all journeys are never without value or fervor, you are the reason the journey began in the first place, you are the reason the journey will never end.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.