eros the bittersweet

one hundred eighty

This is just one of the many nights I went to work armed with nothing but a three hour sleep. In short, one hundred eighty minutes.

And I don’t know what the hell I need to do to keep myself awake. I have asked one of my friends to slap me the second he sees me sleeping. You see I have chinky eyes…today they are exceptionally chinky and…swollen. I never imagined my eyes could get any smaller than it already is.

I feel like I am having an out of the body experience right at this moment. My brain is minding something else and it's not me. One of the means I have explored to make sure that I last today wide awake: EXTRA JOSS. I couldn’t believe that I am trying different flavors of EJ now. I am currently gulping a glass of cold Club Soda. Yummmm…not really.

I am unsure if I can write something – or anything that would actually make sense – so before I lose my senses and eventually have my writing suffer – I would like to say something to my wife -

Thank you for being with me and battling arguments, instead of sleeping on it. Thank you for putting up with me and for accepting the fact that I sometimes can really be a selfish hard-headed mess – and not being daunted by it. Thank you for making me feel that whenever we fight, it is for the sake of clarifying things and getting our thoughts across, not because we want to make matters worse. Thank you most of all, for making me realize that there won’t be a fight or an argument that I’ll be willing to put myself through – if it means keeping you, if it means making love to no one else but you…

If it means loving you one day more.


You are the only one that feels like home.

1 comments:

wala said...

been there my dear. i remember having only 3 hours of sleep on the average when i was still a working student. Lipovitan Ira and cups of coffee were my friend then. Remember that tomorrow sometimes could be a better day, maybe you'll have 4 hours by then hehehe!

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.