eros the bittersweet

pages

i have been meaning to write something about my most cherished possessions...unfortunately, i was too lazy to upload the pictures.

i am talking about my love affair with the written language. i was very young when i discovered my passion for reading, and i haven't stopped since.

about a month ago, i got myself a new bookshelf...well for a number of reasons:
  1. my first bookshelf is a little old and cannot house all my books anymore and the weight of my books has taken its toll on the poor thing.
  2. my unconsciousness continues to nag me. i once dreamt of my books walking out of my room.
  3. my books need to breathe.
  4. the worst thing about a room without air conditioning is that the pages turn yellow easily. grrrr.
  5. i needed to get a new one for...well...more books. wahahah.
to date, i have about 230 books, 45 (a rough estimate) of which i haven't read. but i don't care really. i have been asked countless of times why i keep on getting books when i haven't really even opened some of them. plain and simple. i am bound to age and there will come a time when a 'fun night out' would mean spending a few hours in the porch reading books. so yeah...you can say i am preparing for when i become senile (nyahahah).

here are some of the photos that i took of my books and my new shelf:

i love this shot. it's always nice to have a new perspective on things.


that's my old shelf on the background. right now, it contains my music and video cds.


whoever said i have to go to the gym? the act of cleaning my books and shelf is enough for me to form biceps and triceps. ahahaha



my new shelf has more than enough space for all my books...plus 50 more. nice one!

2 comments:

teta said...

i love this post kapatid!!!!! go books! hehehe! ire-raid akala mo! humanda ka!

imani said...

they are all waiting for you love. :D
you are free to raid my room when you get back.
i miss you love.

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.