eros the bittersweet

top ten crazy ideas in the midst of a tropical storm

it is the first time this has ever happened. it's a hopeless case and it's a big gamble if i would try to move away...from my office building.


according to inquirer.net, tropical storm ondoy hit the eastern side of the islands saturday morning. and i could not agree more. my shift started at 1:00 am so i kinda saw the whole thingamajig unfold before my very eyes. it is now past 4:00 pm and where am i? i am still here.


i have polluted my lungs (with the help of my office buds) in the hopes that i can bide enough time to wait for the freakin rain to come to a halt and finally go home (because i need my bed). it is 6 hours beyond my shift and you bet i am wide awake. there is no hope here. not a spark, not an iota, no silver lining whatsoever. i just read that the south luzon expressway have been closed to traffic due to waist-deep floodwater. i thought to myself: that is nice. i live in the south. if the major roads are swamped, i can just imagine what our street looks like now.



i know we live in the tropics but today's weather will totally make a joke out of seattle, washington's. and because i am bored to my skull and i do not want to drive myself nuts (that actually would not be necessary because i am already insane), i have come up with ten things i would like to venture into since the rain just won't go away:
  1. i have decided to spend the afternoon (and night) here at the office. if i attempt to go home, i probably won't be able to get here in time for my shift tonight. so while we're at it - let's have a slumber party!!!
  2. get inebriated while inside the building. it is cold and the only protection i have from the cold is my old jacket. wahahaha.
  3. invite my office buds to get inebriated with me, so if it comes to a point someone would find out about it, i won't be sanctioned alone. nyahaha.
  4. think of happy thoughts - a comfortable bed, hot cocoa, tuyo't champorado. now the happy thoughts make me want to slit my wrist instead because i just cannot have them.
  5. sing (on the top of my lungs): 'i'm only happy when it rains!'
  6. or try to sing something a little more depressing: 'que sera, sera...whatever will be, will be.'
  7. walk barefoot. since i do not have slippers. shite.
  8. do a double shift. ahem. uh?! boss!? ring ring! don't cancel my call.
  9. blog. well, i am already doing that now. yey!
  10. when i get out of this building, i will hoard military ration. and stack them in my pedestal. note to self: do not forget to include toiletries.

i feel like me and my office buds are in a reality show, that we are part of some sick social experiment. or that this is just one freakin test of endurance. who will take a nap first?

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.