eros the bittersweet

day six

i reached for a bag of lays the moment i woke up. i was too lazy to scour for decent food in our kitchen.


i think that this whole thing has made me want to stuff myself as a means to keep me and my mouth preoccupied. now that did not come out right. but i could care less, really.


my right wrist and forearm hurts. it does not hurt like hell but it sure is uncomfortable. i tried to do a few hand exercises to relieve my forearm muscles of the pain.


when i woke up at about 230 a.m., i popped a disk on my dvd player - this time, i watched lie to me's season two. i was reminded how ingenious this series is and how devastating it was that they weren't renewed for a 3rd season. i'm not straight but i would love to pick on tim roth's brain. consummate actor. i don't suppose anyone else can play cal lightman like he does or did.


finally finished frey's 'the final testament,' i will be writing something about it within the next few days, i just want to save what neurons i have to reading the next book from my shelf. and i won't mention the title for now.


last night, eros stopped cooperating with me. i was trying to troubleshoot it using the good old command prompt but the message 'please wait' stared at me for roughly around 3 hours. it was then when i realized i needed to take it to a doctor...or a psychiatrist. so at 930 a.m., i got myself ready and went to the service center where they offer free iced tea and coffee. i just got my coffee cup when my name was called by the personnel assisting me.


i was told i would need to leave her there, minimum of 3 days (a period they call 'isolation') to maximum of a week. bummer. she asked me if i have important files in the laptop and i knew that such an inquiry will not result to anything positive. turns out, i didn't know that eros' hard drive had suicidal intent - it crashed itself and wouldn't boot to the operating system.


thank god it's still under warranty. i think i just saved myself around 6k for hardware replacement and labor and reformatting.


but i do miss eros.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.