eros the bittersweet

day three

there was a cough. and then a sneeze.

and then there was the feeling that my olfactory nerves are regaining its sensitivity.

but there was still 'that' itch on my throat.

and i would not pretend. i wondered if a drag would make me feel better.

and that's when i picked up the book i have been reading for a few days and decided never to venture into the dark frontiers of such a dangerously lonely thought.

what did i do at work today?

took my breaks, sometimes i consumed my time talking to my friends and laughing and telling them about my desire to finally kick the dirty habit of smoking.

i went to church and lit candles this time, said a few prayers and asked Him to continue guiding me.

what journey is not filled with temptations. but there is much to preoccupy myself with. thank God there is much.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.