eros the bittersweet

persephone | sonnet four

hymn the silence our of her pursed desperate lips
the shaded night enveloped by glass wanting a clear view
of this profound, denied yearning of the landscapes that once
belonged to you, a nymph, a goddess

trudging the ice thin layer of my understanding, battling my foe
that is ~ the blinding sun of my desire
enraged in the noiselessness of the war that
began in your waking dream

how do i shut my ears from hearing the siren
how do i shut my eyes from seeing the forbidden
ecstasy of your leaping, laborious languor

perhaps the bodiless angst of my scorching, burning, flaming
self will endure one harrowing breath
for an unobstructed sense of you.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.