eros the bittersweet

persephone | sonnet twenty five

blood in my veins and arteries throb
and the unforbidden resolve thrusts
itself up my throat, killing me a hundred
times at least, before the fear of

losing you disintegrate and dissemble
in the beaten path we once called sacred;
how does a heart survive the fall, how does
it resurface after asphyxia, how can it

resemble the pure, unaltered form you sought
and held it in, when my mouth is dry
from this improbably thirst, the ache ascends

and the intensity assumes the hue of crimson lust
my nerves tremble and my muscles disappear
in a cross, a chasm, a conundrum.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.