eros the bittersweet

today

Today I will begin. Today I will take the beaten path and call it sacred. Today I will hymn love holy. Today is only the start of something more enlightening, more uplifting, and I will bask in its light. Today I will remember myself. Today I will create more dreams and make them come true. Today I will say I love you because I always have and always will. Today I will believe that such love is as real and honest and tangible as it could get. Today I will continue to hope.



Today I will stop for a moment to look at the seconds we lost to piercing stares and pointless arguments. Today I will stop for a moment to relish all the nights we spent in each other’s arms building memories, delighting our senses with the air that carries the scent of our bodies after making love. Today I will stop for a second to praise Him for giving you to me. Today I will stop for a second to be grateful for all that I have learned and felt and known the last three years.

But…

Today I will promise to love you silently until I am void of the need for you. Today I will wait for the sunlight to touch my skin. Today I will look at the avenues I once travelled with you and reach for myself, instead of your hand. Today I will appreciate each moment I was able to call you my own, each moment we lost to piercing stares and pointless arguments, each moment I spent resting in your arms and know that I will always carry the memories within…

And finally understand the truth that I do not have to wait for anything or anyone to tell me when to begin.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful as you - what you wrote. It is only when I read your writings that I get to witness a perfect dance of beauty and intelligence.

I'm proud of you Mine. You're born to change things and people through your gift.

I am your devotee.
Ever yours.

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.