eros the bittersweet

persephone | sonnet six

reaching for the sunlight in your absent gaze
shards of your shadow falling victim to the mute echo
rising in my head and seeping into
my thoughts that carry no other voice

empyrean of frailties and vulnerabilities
i arm myself with the fleeting, tangible pain
so i can bring you closer to a spring in october
then watch the amaranths take shape in your

burdened eyes, with my sanctified embrace
take you away from the caves that darken your
memories of us, of this, of me

emerging from the vague depths of your mouth
escaping your lips until the sound dissolves
into the fragrance of my own name.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.