eros the bittersweet

persephone | sonnet nineteen

the weary, desolate road that forks and breaks
into lamentable avenues of pain and solitude
marks my skin, my veins are streets and
corners that bear desire for you, are chambers

where your name echo and my hunger for your
light heightens, this life is bleak and murky
and the alleys i walk on are lonely, searching
desperately for who we once were

you were a wild fire that kept me alive,
that sustained me, that created and annihilated
me ~ and i allowed you to carve your

gaze on my flesh because i drink from
the depth of your eyes, with my hopes facing
the sun, burning and succumbing to your spell.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.