eros the bittersweet

endings and beginnings

In the end, you find the beginning. And at the very onset, you see a clear picture of what the end will be.

For the last twenty months, you have unveiled the most beautiful things anyone could possibly see. You have allowed me to look past our frailties, all because I know you are waiting for me on the other side.

Each and every time I count the days, the weeks, the months that we have been together – it takes me to a sacred place which I never could quite forget – the road I took, the road we both took – to be with each other. The road where we met the odds and confronted the limits. The road which lead to this moment. The road which led me to you.

And right this time, I couldn’t be more grateful for taking that leap of faith – for taking that chance – for gambling, risking, going against the perils – so that I can be with you. I do not regret anything, my love. I do not believe a day has ever been wasted or lost, for I have spent each of them loving you.

I believe I have arrived at the onset of the best thing that ever happened to me. I have arrived at the beginning of all things to hope for and put all my faith into. I have arrived at the end of a journey, the end of unraveling, the end of wandering – all because I have found you. All because I have found myself in what we have.

I, also, have come upon the end. And I am no longer drowning in fear – fear of loneliness or of unrequited love. Because you have given everything back to me – without me having to ask for it. Because you have erased all trace of solitude in me. Because you have entrusted all that you are to my imperfect and fragile being – believing that it can and will do more than enough to keep you safe and to love you forever.

You are the light that my eyes seek in the darkness. You are the air that my lungs breathe. You are the only love I know. And because of your love I can and will battle anything. Because of you I know I can withstand pain and isolation – I know you and I will be together.

Until the end. Until the end that we don’t see.

Until the end - finally - takes us right back to the very beginning.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.