eros the bittersweet

prime (part ii)

Other women who made it on my ‘Hot List’: Jennifer Beals (44), Gillian Anderson (40), Jeniffer Garner (36), Nicole Kidman (41), Vanessa Williams (45), Kate Beckinsale (35), Michelle Pfeiffer (50), Monica Bellucci (43). Sylvia Plath, whom I revere and admire to the point of stupor, would have made it on my list, but she died at 31.



I know that I already talked about Angelina Jolie. I can't help it.

I just wanted to put another picture of her.

Hehehe.

Okay, I'll stop now. Promise.


Anyway. She probably will never know that I wrote something about her, she probably never will find out, or if she does, she probably won’t ever believe it. Anyway, nothing and no one will stop me. Jessica Zafra. I just had to mention her name. I believe she’s at least around 42 or 43. I met her…no actually, the more appropriate term would be that I had a ‘chance encounter’ with her sometime in April of 2007. I went to the International Book Day at Instituto Cervantes (in Kalaw, Manila). So when I got to I.C., I went around for a while, looked at the place, even entered the library. I scoured for good titles. Luckily, I was able to get myself a copy of Miguel Hernandez’ superlative poetry collection 'Recoged esta voz' and 'Waking Ice', a Ricardo M. De Ungria classic.

After reading a number of her books, I know that she really does not give a damn about what other people think of her. That she does not give so much regard for men in general. Her lighter and more considerate depiction of men were intended only for celebrities like Sting and David Duchovny.

So going back to Jessica, I scoured some more, and saw a sign that said she will only autograph books that were purchased on the book fair. So I picked a copy of Womenagerie. The end.

No seriously. So I waited for the wall to spew Jessica out. And waited some more. Then I finally heard a voice over the P.A. that she’s in the same building as I am. I am breathing the same fusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide with her. OMG. It’s real, after all.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.