eros the bittersweet

coordinates

There are just some things in our universe that can never be. There are just some things in our universe that will never meet.

Some coordinates just don’t match. Some coordinates just don’t make sense. Some coordinates just won’t take us anywhere.

Yet I would like to think that such is not enough to derail me, dishearten me, or prevent me from being with you. I hope our hearts will never tire of finding new paths that would lead us to each other. That we won’t get exhausted having to create new ones, in case we are confronted by an impasse.

Despite of and in spite of our differences, we are together because we know that there is something better that awaits us. We know that we are not wasting our time, that we are not wasting the best of us – that which we have offered and given to each other. Just like what you have told me – we are both imperfect. And it is our imperfections that draw us to each other.
Each time I feel threatened by the notion that we no longer see in each other the very reason why we fell in love…I look at you…and your antics, your mannerisms, your habits. The things that you hate about yourself, I love. The things that you hate about yourself are what makes you who you are.


You have spoken to me about this idea that I am ‘luckier,’ or that things always go in my favor. Even I would not wish for such a set-up. That’s just scary. To be completely lucky and to not need anything anymore. To be completely lucky and to never feel the desire to change for the better. I remember telling you that everyone goes through life and experiences things that make one feel lucky or otherwise. In my case…I am blessed, that I know, but it never meant that I am leading a perfect life. I am not wishing for a perfect life. I suppose I just know where to look. I just know that life will offer highs and lows and that I have to take each day like a grain of salt and not worry to much – not worry that I wouldn’t do anything that’d screw my life up – or alter what I have built for myself.

I am not wishing for a perfect partner either. You are all I want. All of who you are. All that creates you…even the little things that make us different. I love our similarities and appreciate our differences. Do not ever tell me that you have failed simply because you are imperfect. We are both bound to experience failure and disappoint each other. But I know we are not going to stop there. I know we are making something – we have created something bigger than us both. Something grander than what we both have imagined.

That is what keeps me going. You keep me going.

It is not the years that will make me stay. It is not the hopelessness or the desperation to not feel alone that will make me stay. It is you.

You are all the reason that holds me to this earth.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.