eros the bittersweet

i am dying

...to meet the inevitable.

but what really is the inevitable?

in my case, and in this situation - it is finding you waiting for me at home everyday. you are my true home. you are and always have been one. these days, you are all that plagues my mind. and it is an inescapable truth.

you are the biggest - and the most beautiful surprise this existence has presented me with. i wasn't really expecting anything much when 'we' started. i did, however, expect that i would fall for you like crazy.

months later, i am still here - and still falling. it was bound to be an endless fall. and i wasn't really clamoring for anyone to save me. i am content and at peace with the fact that i want you the same way now, as i have wanted you before.

it is odd how one person can be everything to someone. like you are to me. i used to think that it was just insane - to allow ourselves to depend on someone, to allow ourselves to feel that we cannot be complete without the other person. but look at me now, i am full from engulfing all that which i have said before. you are that wondrous, inescapable gift - so far, the best gift that i have given to myself.

i know how you feel each time i call you 'my muse.' but it is true, my love. and at this point, we both know that denial is deadly. it was never agonizing to confront that reality everyday. i am a very willing lab rat. by all means - do what it is you desire to do to me.

before you, a rainy evening would mean seeking comfort in hot (hot, not seething) coffee...or chocolate...and then a good, classic movie. having you in my life now means 'ought to feel your warmth.' i have no doubt that we would stumble upon rocks and stones along the way. i have no doubt that there would be an 'occasional' bump in the road - but i am all ready for it. i know i have to be, because i want to keep you. and i want to be kept by you.

i never imagined i would find someone i can call my own. i am so blesssed to have found you. if you were one of those occasional bumps in the road then i am glad i took the road less travelled. i am glad that there was a detour - i know i only meant to enjoy the scenery while i am in that place, i never thought i would actually be given all the reason to stop...

as maya angelou said: we begin to stop in order to simply begin again.

thank you for being my first and last, for being my beginning, and for making me feel that nothing would ever end.

i love you, Mine.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.