eros the bittersweet

today

today, the 8th of july 2008, is our 19th month together.


today, i realized how much we both have gone through - how much we have sacrificed and offered.

and today, i realized that both of us can and will give so much more - much more of the love and patience and understanding that we had with us when we were just starting. and i know that even without having to ask her about it or hearing her say it.

i know that because my heart is fastened to hers, because my life makes more sense now than it did when i was on my own, because i know within my soul that she is the one.

she is the one because i want her to be. she is the one because she is with me. and i am keeping her.

it is because of her that my love knows no bound. it is because of her that i know i will keep on trying to be a better person - to make myself worthy of having her. it is because of her that i know there is no pain greater than not seeing her gaze aimed at me when i wake up in the morning. it is because of her that i know i can withstand and overcome anything - because i have her to think of now.

i know that there are no perfect sunsets. that things would have a blemish or two - regardless of which side you are actually seeing. i know that we cannot have everything (where would you put them!?). i know that no matter how hard we try - our imperfections as individuals are meant to affect an instant, an experience, and much worse - a lifetime.

i know that there are no perfect sunsets - and it does something - it scares me. all because i know i could never be everything to her. but i have her now, and i have this very second to be grateful for being with her, for being the one she calls 'Mine.' we may not be perfect, our relationship might not be 'argument free,' but i am going to stick with her because i know that it is what i am supposed to do. and that is - to love her today, and the rest of my life.

there are really just some things that we cannot do anything about. but what i can do right now, or actually, after writing this - is to ask her to read it. and let her see just how much of myself i am willing to give, to change, to offer - so that i can be with her, so that we both will know that nothing of that which we have done in the past nineteen months will ever be forgotten or wasted.

Nosh -

you are the reason i know i can survive a day, even when the sunset is not perfect. because when i look at you, i remember the truth that clouds will always be broken and parted - but you are that silver lining. you are all that keeps me hopeful and sane. you are my constant, my touchstone. you show me the light in my shadow. you make me realize that i am a good person by simply staying with me and loving me the way you do.

i have never loved anyone as much as i have loved you. i never even thought i could love again. but thank you for showing up in my life. thank you for making me feel that i can breathe and live again.

most of all - thank you for never forgetting why we both are here now - because we are each other's fortress. because we have created an 'us.' because we are not going anywhere without each other.

ever since you, i have found all meaning and reason to live.

i hope to give you the exact same thing.

i love you, Mine. i am so blessed to have you.

MARRY ME.

you can post a comment when you are done reading this. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine,

With you asking this there is no other answer but YES.

Yes to a lifetime with you.

A lifetime of loving,believing,trusting,hoping and learning.

There was a long period in my life when the words 'finally' and 'eternity' were just fragments or specks or even atoms of a wide universe called dreams which twist and turn on an orbit of impossibility.

You came just in time when I am about to embrace the reality of loneliness.
You have become, probably the only one, witness to the existence of who I really am, the breathing part of me that was taken away from the rest of the world.

Everytime I look into your eyes there is always a moment of truth that is almost unbelievable --- I see myself looking back at me --- beautiful in every part, in every sense. Thank you.

I am grateful to have you and to hold you.

I say yes to you and to everything that life will present to 'us'.

I love you
Ever thine
Ever mine
Ever ours


Nosh Salvador

chroneicon said...

aaww... sweeeet :D

cheers to the both of you! after 5 months, i'm sure there will be another malupit post tulad nito.

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.