eros the bittersweet

no frontiers

You are my touchstone. And it breaks my heart, to know that you and your family are at the onset of probably the biggest frontier in your lives.

Please do not fear, my love. For I will be with you and I will take your hand as you tread on a perilous path.

I know how disheartening it is. I have been there one time too many. I know how helpless we can feel…or how helpless we can allow ourselves to feel. But life is always about making a choice. You can choose to dwell in the darkness, or face your qualms and believe that there is always something to hope for.

I can only tell you that I have been where you are now, but I also am aware that your pain is different from mine. We never can measure pain, and at the end of it all – it is cloaked by one truth. It is pain and it always will be a challenge dealing with it.

I can only tell you that I will be with you, and that you will never be alone. I cannot, however, literally share the pain with you. But know that I am here to wipe your tears away. Know that I am here to embrace you when everything becomes intolerable. When everything becomes futile. I wish I can do something more. Forgive me of my limitations, my love. Forgive me.

Forgive me that right now, I feel like my love can only take you so far. I feel so inadequate…yet I know I need to be strong for you. I know that you are trying your very best to conquer your fears…and I see that. And I know that it is going to be a struggle – we both are in that limbo – we want to smile through what is happening, yet we are aware that we need to be realistic.

I know it can be difficult to see through the pain, see through the injustice. I know that sometimes, our judgment will be clouded, we will be overcome by our hopelessness. When that happens, I pray that your faith will be steadfast. That is what your family needs now. That is what I need for you to do.

Because I need you, and I do not ever want to see you losing hope, or lacking courage. Courage is all that takes us from this moment to the next. I need you to be strong because I need you in my life. I will be strong for us both, in case you would stumble. I will be here to catch you. I will be beside you, unfailingly, unswervingly.

More than anything, I want for you to remember something that I have said before – that not all sunsets are perfect. That not all mornings will have its dawn. Some days will be as gloomy as the twilight. But it is the darkness that teaches us what light is. It is in darkness that we find our northern star. You will never be lost, however, you need to know where to look.

That is in me, through me, within me.

That is in you, through you, within you.

I love you. I know I have said that my love can only take you so far. I am taking the journey with you, beloved. I am more than willing to bare all that I have for you – let us both discover the height and depth of my love. Let us both unravel its timelessness and endlessness.

And maybe by then we both can prove that my love knows no bounds.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.