eros the bittersweet

outside looking in

There are so many things I find unusual, if not unbelievable about myself. Sometimes, I cannot believe the depth of my capacity for suffering, the depth of my threshold for torment. I can’t and won’t deny that at some point, life wasn’t really good to me, but I always try to look at the brighter side of things, hoping that somehow, I can escape life’s little surprises.

Life’s trivial surprises. When I don’t like what I am seeing outside, I look inward for peace, or to put it another way, satisfaction – hoping that inside I will find something that will uplift my withering spirit. Hoping that inside I will find something fulfilling.

The elixir of life isn’t something that you will find in others, but within yourself, for you, and only you, can find the key to unlock all the questions that have been hanging in your head. Because after all, you know yourself more than anyone claims to know you.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.