eros the bittersweet

a little trivia on my big appetite

Let me tell you something about myself.
I am a baconer. At least to Nosh, I am. She calls me a baconer sometimes. A baconer is of course a pig/swine that is raised (to be slaughtered) with its meat to be used as bacon. Mainly, a baconer weighs around 83 to 100 lbs.
When I was in junior high…I got high one summer vacation – with all the donuts I inhaled then – I tipped around 115-120 lbs. I knew I was a little heavy, and felt like it. I stood 5’3” and I cannot wear my favorite jeans or boxer shorts.
I was young, I was insecure about my legs but never about my weight. Nothing was enough to push me to go on diet or something.
College changed everything for me. I suppose it was the pressure. It’s an entirely new environment, an entirely different universe, if you may. The pressure to do better each and everyday at my class was just staggering. And that’s when I started losing weight. I dropped to 98 lbs. and has never ‘recovered’ since.
Well aside from the pressure, my genetic structure (so much for sounding too technical) has a lot to do with it. Thanks Mom and Dad ~ I never have to worry about how much sugar or calorie my food has before I put it in my mouth.
My idea of working out is eating a full and heavy rice meal, say, a couple of rice servings, then watching TV then sleeping. That’s my version of a triathlon. When I wake up it’s as if I did not eat at all. I am famished.
It is funny how people would react to my thinness. I am underweight for my age and height and my bosses would always ask if I am taking my lunch breaks on time or if I do actually eat. One of them even asked me if I have diabetes because I am just so thin. I of course opposed her notion and casually said that I am blessed with good genes. Nyahahah.
Also, I have a very peculiar appetite. I can eat a huge guapple (guava the size of an apple…ahehehe…Filipinos are so original and inventive!) in one sitting. One time I woke up around 2 in the morning and I ate guapple. And it did not seem to help so I ate peanut butter sandwich and drank a glass of full cream milk. For me, it was satiating my hunger. For others, this might just be a recipe for disaster…or a really upset stomach.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.