eros the bittersweet

overcast

i followed you because i understood what it meant to keep what we have. because i know what it means to fight for what we have.
i followed you because i do not want to wonder the rest of my life about things that might have been. and because i do not want to wander on the roads less travelled or the roads not taken. i want to be where you are. i want for every step and every turn to take me to you.
i followed you because i love you. it was a conscious decision, a choice, a reality i was impelled to make. it was a truth i have to live.
but the last couple of days have been immensely dark for me. as if i have been robbed of my freedom, or as if i never had any freedom to begin with.
i hate having to do this perfunctory dance with people who will never understand, or dare to understand. having to explain myself when the worth of my words will amount to nothing, will mean nothing. when the value of my thoughts will result to nothing, when all my reasons will be lost to those who will never attempt to keep their minds open.
i followed you because i knew i had to. i followed you because i knew it meant living. i followed you because i knew life is so much better with you in it.
but having done this ~ having fulfilled my choices does not give anyone the liberty to look down on me just because we are different in terms of our beliefs. i wonder whatever happened to respect. having made the risks that i took does not give anyobody the right to discriminate me.
i am living my life the way i want to. why don't we all just do the same thing? respect begets respect. it is something that cannot simply be elicited but one that must be earned the hard way. how do we respect those who discriminate against us, those who look down on us, those who will never understand because they are confined and drowning in their own judgment?

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.