eros the bittersweet

tempus fugit

September 20. Mark this date, my mother uttered (sounds like mother otter nyahaha), as there are only 96 days before Christmas.

Which made me think: what did I do September 20th of last year? Which begs the question: what have I done in my life?

I don’t know. Sometimes I feel like a total sloth – I don’t know what I so far have achieved in my life. Sometimes like a total lunatic – I keep on rambling and worrying myself about things that I feel I need to do, stuff that I think I have to do but have not done yet. Just writing about it makes me feel I have gone harebrained.

The year is about to close. About to. Having said that makes me feel like a disaster will befall me.

Usually, moments like this prompts one to reflect on what has been and reconsider what shall be. I don’t know if I want to do that – not because I don’t see the value of pondering about things that have passed but because I am terrified to discover that I haven’t really accomplished anything.

Every year, each one of us (I suppose) ascertains things that we want to change or continue when the New Year comes. They are called ‘resolution/s.’ Each year we push ourselves to find our resolve, we push ourselves to look at different aspects of our lives that can be amended or that can be improved.

Most often than not, we come up with a list of these so-called resolutions. I have made my peace about it. I have resolved to not create any resolutions at all. Though I know it is easier for some people to make things happen when they are constantly reminded of it, I will delight in each day that unfolds before my eyes.

Each day I am given the chance to tweak things that need to be altered, a chance to tuck my worries and fears away, all because I know that I will be afforded a different sunrise and if things would have to end, I know that I have done the very best that I can.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.