eros the bittersweet

the simple things in life

  • listening to jazz music
  • poetry
  • or…reading poetry as foreplay
  • comfort in old friendships
  • reading a book at night, and knowing that you would not want to spend that moment in any other way
  • coffee…and cigarettes
  • sarah mclachlan, norah jones, sheryl crow, tori amos, dave matthews band, nerina pallot
  • a new love interest
  • realizing that the person you cannot live without…is not going anywhere, but here
  • moonlight bathing my lover’s skin
  • a child’s laughter
  • falling in love
  • fighting for love
  • making love (?!)
  • finding out you’re pregnant (?!) (it’s never happened to me but i guess that’ll be good news)
  • hearing my mom say: ‘i am proud of you’
  • my daddy’s embrace
  • my best friend sleeping over our house
  • tequila
  • black and white photographs
  • the wind blowing gently on my hair
  • my hand being kissed
  • appreciation, understanding, respect, friendship, love, trust, infiniteness, possibilities

1 comments:

Abou said...

i like this list.

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.