eros the bittersweet

sonnet five

you and me
sonnet five

the rapture, the elation, the bliss
that you leave me in when the sunlight grace my
window and your shadow haunts me,
follows me like a dream, a desire, a fantasy

there are times i am left
with nothing except the incessant longing to
be in your arms, within your safe harbor,
surrounded by peace, resting in stillness

loving the life that you have given me
living in love and loving you, my life
i have been treading the path blindly

but now everything becomes clear
that my heart beats and breathes because
you are near and you sustain me.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.