eros the bittersweet

sonnet six

you and me
sonnet six

in all the days, weeks, months
i have silenced my heart and my desire
to bring you closer to the truth
that my soul long have yearned

to kiss your lips, to embrace you with
gentleness, to hold you like no one else has
my awakening sprung from a distant
memory when i found you smiling awkwardly

without your gaze meeting my stare
without your hands touching the tip of my hair
without you knowing, without you discovering

that the swift, arresting whirlwind of words
you uttered weakened the bright, vivid hope
for me to battle forgetting you.

0 comments:

 

anais nin

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

t.s. eliot

i should have been a pair of ragged claws.

frida kahlo

i hope the exit is joyful and i hope never to return.